Wednesday 17 October 2007

Baby names

With the possibility of our baby now looking more and more likely to be a girl, I've been expecting the next uphill battle with Sue - the name. I imagine that with every set of parents, this is one of the biggest stumbling blocks.

Everyone has their set of "no go" names - bosses they've hated, exes, people who broke up their favourite bands, annoying people who served them coffee, etc.

Thankfully, I've really come to like the name Emily, and not because of any extraneous influences - I've got a friend called Emily, there's Emily Watson, See Emily Play (the Pink Floyd song), and a friend of the family is married to one. I was hoping that any of the lame reasons people use to NOT choose a name didn't apply to Sue in the swaying over to the Emily camp.

I can happily report that the uphill battle I envisioned never happened. We're both quite taken with the name and if it's a girl that's what we're going with.

I do however see an uphill battle over the second name, but that's a battle for another day.
blog comments powered by Disqus