Sunday 16 March 2008

Day in hospital

Spent the day in hospital with mummy and baby. Changed baby, got mummy lunch and dinner from the kitchen (nhs food IS dreadful) and managed to get a couple of gifts delivered - chocs and flowers.

We entertained some visitors today on ward and expect a few more tomorrow.

Took some more photos to bolster my Facebook gallery as well. All in all a well spent rainy Sunday.

I even have some laundry to do when I get home.

Emily was crying this afternoon and first instinct is to wind her (since figured out that action takes more than a couple of minutes). After that I checked her diaper. There was a smear, but not even enough to scrape on toast (continuing the Bovril thread here). I asked the mid-wife if that was enough to change her or if I should wait for a good nappy full. Of course I got berated for asking that, and began to change her.

Didn't have to wait too long to figure out where the rest of the poo was, it started leaking out like tar from a toxic waste pipe. Not being fully ready for this I jumped to action while giving Sue a blow-by-blow or poo-by-poo breakdown, which lead to much laughter on her behalf, which then led to much pain from Sue as well.

Got things under control eventually, changed Emily and all was well, but that was a crappy thing to do!
blog comments powered by Disqus